* The day that never ended One day in 1947, the members of a new organization convened in a building that had once been a skating rink and changed the world by holding a vote.
* PM: UN can't force Israel to compromise on security With Israel facing a stinging diplomatic defeat Thursday at the UN, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said that regardless of how many vote against Israel, "no force in the world will get me to compromise on Israel's security."
* Hamas, Jihad in 'Mini-flipflop' Over Statehood Bid PA terror groups in Gaza announced earlier this week that they supported the PA's statehood bid and were fully behind PA chief Mahmoud Abbas.
* Egypt assembly votes on constitution The Islamist-dominated assembly writing a new Egyptian constitution has convened to vote on the final draft.
* Babylonian relic to visit US with historic message of tolerance It is a deeply unimpressive looking object - about the size and shape of a rugby ball, made from hardened clay and incised all over with the stick-like characters of Babylonian cuneiform.
* Obama Calls Rice 'Extraordinary,' as Another Republican Voices Concerns President Obama came to the defense of Susan E. Rice, his embattled ambassador to the United Nations.
* UN to vote on Palestinian enhanced status The UN General Assembly is set to vote on upgrading the Palestinian status from observer entity to observer state.
* Syria shuts off internet access across the country Two US-based internet-monitoring companies say Syria has shut off the internet nationwide.
* Women in Green: Annex Judea and Samaria! The Women in Green movement is calling on the Israeli government to immediately annex Judea and Samaria.
* Turkish PM Threatens Ottoman TV Series Islamist Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has begun to threaten producers of a popular Turkish television series about the Ottoman Empire.