* Hamas lends support to Abbas's UN statehood bid Mashaal calls PA president to back bid in unexpected change of heart; Hamas spokesman Abu Zuhri says group backs any political gain Abbas can achieve at UN "without causing harm to the national Palestinian rights."
* For Syria's new opposition head, Zionism is "a cancerous movement" Mouaz al-Khatib, widely seen as a moderate religious figure, also praised Saddam Hussein for "terrifying the Jews".
* Hezbollah says it would hit Tel Aviv in future war Lebanon's Hezbollah group would fire thousands of rockets into Israel in any future war and target cities in the country's heartland, the group's leader said Sunday.
* Islamic Jihad in Gaza receives praise from Iran's Ahmadinejad after Gaza fighting Leader Ramadan Shallah says Iran supports Palestinians militarily and financially.
* Hamas Lost - But Won, Says Ex-GOP Policy Advisor Hamas won a diplomatic victory by being recognized in negotiations after losing militarily, said ex-GOP foreign policy advisor Abrams.
* Op-Ed: Expose: the Vatican Welcomes Iran Iran has a large diplomatic corps at the Vatican, considering that it is a Moslem country. And that is not all.
* Jamie Foxx: 'Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama' Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx recently called Barack Obama "our lord and savior."
* Report: Cairo Brokering Hamas, Israeli Demands Representatives of Israel and terrorist group Hamas reportedly were in Cairo Monday to discuss the cease-fire in Gaza, Arab media said
* EU countries consider sanctions on Israeli settlers EU diplomats have given the green light for member states to impose visa bans on violent Israeli settlers.
* Iran warns Turkey not to deploy Patriot missiles Iran said Turkey's plans to deploy Patriot defensive missiles near its border with Syria would add to the region's problems, as fears grow of the Syrian civil war spilling across frontiers.