* Tony Blair: the EU needs a president In a move interpreted by some as a job application, the former prime minister said the EU could do with a strong leader approved by the people.
* Iran has pictures of restricted Israeli areas: Iran MP Iran holds pictures of Israeli bases and other restricted areas obtained from a drone launched into Israeli airspace earlier this month.
* Israel, Greece Conduct Joint Military Exercise The Israeli Air Force and the Greek Air Force recently concluded a two-day joint exercise on Greek soil.
* Mother places suicide belt on child, on Fatah Facebook page in Lebanon The Facebook page for Fatah in Lebanon has posted this picture of a mother dressing her young son with a suicide belt.
* Egyptians on the hajj divided over role of Islam in politics Now that she has finished the hajj and is returning home to Egypt, Magda Bagnied says her family will no doubt try to convince her to put on the headscarf to demonstrate her religiosity.
* 12 Year-Old Boy Stands Trial for Murdering Neo-Nazi Father Opening statements in the trial of a 12-year-old boy accused of murdering his neo-Nazi father are set to begin Tuesday in Riverside, California.
* Israel to limit cluster bombs in possible war with Hezbollah Israel would use a lot fewer cluster munitions in any future war with Hezbollah than it did in their 2006 conflict.
* Germany makes case for British EU membership Germany has told the UK it is an important and needed member of the European Union.
* Radical Islamists made 'hundreds of visits' to Obama White House President Barack Obama has provided what was termed unprecedented access to supporters of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood and the Palestinian Hamas.
* Palestinians lobby for convincing win in UN vote Palestinians have launched a diplomatic blitz aimed at garnering a strong majority for a vote granting them non-member statehood at the United Nations slated for next month.