* Obama's support for gay marriage splits US Barack Obama has been praised and criticised a day after he became the first sitting US president to publicly support gay marriage.
* Obama gay marriage support seen as world precedent President Barack Obama's announcement Wednesday that he supports gay marriage boosted the hopes of gay rights groups around the world.
* Spurred by Obama, MK files marriage equality bill Inspired by US President Barack Obama's declaration of support for same-sex marriages, MK Nitzan Horowitz (Meretz) resubmitted his marriage equality bill.
* Syria unrest: Damascus 'suicide blasts' kill dozens Twin suicide car-bomb attacks have killed at least 55 people and wounded 372 in Damascus, Syrian officials say.
* Jerusalem Day March Back on Track The police gave official permission Wednesday to hold the annual Flagdance – "Rikudgalim" – march through Jerusalem on Jerusalem Day.
* US House votes to raise security ties with Israel The US House of Representatives on Wednesday overwhelmingly passed bipartisan legislation that reaffirms and enhances US policy commitments to Israel's security.
* Russia President Putin will miss G8 Camp David summit Russian President Vladimir Putin has told US President Barack Obama that he will not attend the G8 summit in the US later this month.
* Maj. Gen. Amir Eshel becomes IAF Commander With an Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear facilities looming, the IAF has a new commander: Major General Amir Eshel.
* Israel's new submarines geared at tackling rising Mideast threats, from the sea With all the attention in recent days given to short-term political developments, an event with long-term implications for regional strategic balance almost escaped serious attention.
* Egypt forces seize missiles, grenade aunchers in Sinai raid Egyptian security forces seized near the Libyan border on Thursday dozens of heavy weapons allegedly bound for the Sinai Peninsula.