* Space weather expert has ominous forecast Mike Hapgood, who studies solar events, says the world isn't prepared for a truly damaging storm. And one could happen soon.
* Euro declines on French and Greek election results The euro fell against the dollar and the pound on Monday following weekend election results, which cast doubt on European austerity plans.
* Vladimir Putin inaugurated as Russian president Vladimir Putin has been inaugurated as president of Russia in a lavish ceremony in the capital, Moscow.
* Netanyahu announces September 4 election date Prime minister says a broad coalition will be formed to deal with Israel’s needs
* PA Flags Wave for Hollande; 'I Will Visit Israel' Palestinian Authority and Syrian flags were waved in a Paris celebration of Hollande's victory.
* This Week in History: Israel joins United Nations Despite the contentious relationship Israel has continuously had with the UN, its admission to the world body remains an important landmark.
* Bigger and brighter 'supermoon' graces the night sky A "supermoon" has graced the skies, appearing bigger and brighter than usual, as it comes closer to the Earth - and is likely to bring higher tides.
* Be afraid, exultant Greek neo-Nazis warn rivals Greek neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn warned rivals and reformers Sunday that "the time for fear has come" after exit polls showed them securing their entry in parliament for the first time in nearly 40 years.
* Syria holds parliamentary vote as violence rages Gov't touts elections as a milestone of political reform; opposition dismissed move as a facade masking widespread killing.
* US wants 'urgent' Iranian steps in nuclear talks EU says Tehran must suspend sensitive atomic activities; major powers set to meet in Baghdad in coming weeks.