* Russia warns on missile defence deal with Nato and US The warning came after the Russian defence minister said talks on missile defence were nearing a dead end.
* Al Qaeda Magazine Calls for Firebomb Campaign in US The men who launched al Qaeda's English-language magazine may have died in a U.S. missile strike last fall.
* Six army battalions called up under emergency orders to meet growing threat on Egypt, Syria borders The IDF has issued emergency call up orders to six reserve battalions in light of new dangers on the Egyptian and Syrian borders.
* Saudi Arabia warns Iran over Gulf islands, Bahrai Saudi Arabia repeated on Wednesday that it would not tolerate threats to the Gulf Arab states' sovereignty.
* Police Block March to Temple Mount Jerusalem police have ruled that activists cannot hold a march to the Temple Mount this Sunday.
* Abbas asks Blair to intervene on prisoners Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday asked Tony Blair, the Quartet Middle East envoy, to intervene on behalf of Palestinian prisoners.
* Syria uprising creates chemical weapons concerns With an uprising in Syria loosening the grip of president Bashar Assad, world powers are worried that he could lose control of a secret stockpile of chemical weapons.
* Israel gets fourth Dolphin-class submarine from Germany Israel received a fourth Dolphin submarine from Germany on Thursday.
* Despite Embargo, Iran and Syria Freely Import Weapons Despite a worldwide arms embargo, Iran has been able to import over a half billion dollars' worth of weapons over the past several years.
* Israeli PM Netanyahu 'set for easy poll win' Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu looks set to sail to an easy victory in early general elections likely to take place in September.