* French police surround suspect in Jewish school shooting Some 300 police officers surround suspect's building in preparation to storm his apartment.
* Barak: Israel will decide its own fate over Iran Israel will decide its own fate with regards to Iran, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said.
* Al-Qaida claims responsibility for Iraq attacks Al-Qaida's front group in Iraq claimed responsibility Wednesday for a wave of attacks that killed 46 people across the country this week.
* Ashton faces wrath of Israel over Toulouse-Gaza remark Just about every top politician in Israel has in the past 24 hours attacked EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton for her remarks about killing of Jewish and Palestinian children.
* Egypt's Brotherhood may bid for president The Muslim Brotherhood might make a policy U-turn and contest May's presidential election.
* Israel purchases sixth submarine from Germany Defense Minister Ehud Barak signed a contract for the purchase of a sixth submarine for Israel's navy on Wednesday.
* Fayyad: Palestinian Cause Does Not Justify Terror Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salaam Fayyad said Wednesday that extremists must stop using "the Palestinian cause" as a justification for terror.
* New Film Presents Israelis from Pioneers to Entreprenuers Israel will celebrate its 64th Independence Day (Yom Ha'atzmaut) on April 26.
* Russia out to maintain clout, improve image on Syria Russia's sharper tone toward Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is calculated to improve Moscow's image.
* Security Council Makes Toothless Show on Syria The UN Security Council on Wednesday called on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to immediately implement proposals by international envoy Kofi Annan.