* 'Highest level of Syrian gov't ordering atrocities' Syrian forces have shot dead unarmed women and children.
* Barack Obama apology to Afghanistan over Koran burning In a letter to President Hamid Karzai, Mr Obama expressed his "deep regret" and said the incident earlier this week was a genuine mistake.
* Peres on Iran: When We Say 'All Options,' We Mean It President Shimon Peres addressed the Iranian threat Thursday in a speech before the annual Jerusalem meeting of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations.
* Taliban to Afghans: Kill foreigners over Quran burnings The Taliban urged Afghans Thursday to target foreign military bases and kill Westerners in retaliation for burnings of copies of the Quran at NATO's main base.
* DIA director: China preparing for space warfare Army Lt. Gen. Ronald L. Burgess, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, disclosed new details of China's space weapons programs last week.
* Putin tells stadium rally 'battle' is on for Russia A crowd of thousands has heard Vladimir Putin deliver a strongly patriotic speech at a Moscow stadium as he bids for re-election as president of Russia.
* 'Hamas will demand key positions in unity gov't' Hamas will demand that members of its organization fill key roles in the unity government with Fatah.
* Russia warns Israel not to attack Iran Russia warned Israel on Wednesday that attacking Iran would be a disastrous and played down the failure of a UN nuclear agency mission to Tehran.
* Official Palestinian Authority TV Glorifies Terror Official Palestinian Authority TV has twice recently broadcast a song that glorifies the use of terrorism to achieve statehood.
* El Al Map' Returns' Israel to 1948 Armistice Lines A brochure distributed to Russian tourists by El Al 'turns back the clock,' showing Israel without Judea, Samaria and the Golan.