* 'Iran missiles may be able to hit US in 2-3 years' Iran may develop inter-continental missiles that can reach the east coast of the United States in two to three years.
* The Decline of the American Superpower? "It is unfortunate that the United States considers Israel a strategic liability, rather than a strategic asset," noted Israeli think tank director Daniel Rothschild said.
* Russia boosts arms sales to Syria despite world pressure The biggest importer of arms to Syria, Russia sold Damascus nearly $1 billion worth of arms including missile systems last year.
* Dozens killed in Syria as top military officer defects with hundreds of soldiers A senior Syrian military officer has defected from the forces of President Bashar Assad's regime.
* Prosor: Western Africa is Hizbullah's Power Base Israel's Ambassador to the United Nations told the Security Council on Tuesday that western Africa has become Hizbullah's "powerbase."
* US troops now in 4 African countries to fight LRA U.S. troops helping in the fight against a brutal rebel group called the Lord's Resistance Army are now deployed in four Central African countries.
* Karzai urges calm as six die in Afghan Koran protests The U.S. embassy said its staff were in "lockdown" and travel had been suspended as thousands of people expressed fury over the burning.
* China's arming of Iran poses threat to U.S. Navy in Gulf China is helping Iran render the U.S. naval presence in the Gulf increasingly costly and dangerous.
* Abbas, Mashaal in Cairo to form unity government Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday began a three-day visit to Cairo.
* Tunisia, Egypt Islamists signal bigger religion role After months of reassuring secularist critics, Islamist politicians in Tunisia and Egypt have begun to lay down markers about how Muslim their states should be.