* 'Holocaust taught us value of democratic ideals' The Holocaust has taught the world that democracy demands both the rule of law as well as the preservation of democratic values.
* Barak calls on world to stop Iranian nuclear threat Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Friday warned that nuclear weapons in the hands of the Iranian regime would lead to regional proliferation.
* Postponed Israel-U.S. Drill to be Held in October The largest-ever anti-missile military exercise with the United States, which Israel postponed a week and a half ago, will be held in October.
* Former IDF Chief: Israel Must Prepare for War Former IDF Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi warned, Thursday, that Israel could not afford to cut its defense budget and should prepare itself for war.
* Ya'alon: Hamas exploiting democratic system Hamas is exploiting the democratic system in order to take control of the Gaza Strip and institute its Islamic rule.
* Arab World: A joyless celebration Anger and frustration marked the first anniversary of the Egyptian uprising.
* Web economy in G20 set to double by 2016, Google says The value of the web economy in G20 countries will nearly double by 2016, according to Boston Consulting Group.
* US to cut almost 100,000 troops The US will cut almost 100,000 troops as part of its plans for a "smaller, leaner" military, Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has announced.
* US envoy talks down fears on internet snooping A senior US official has tried to dispel the notion that post-9/11 America abuses internet privacy.
* Asteroid makes near-miss fly-by An asteroid hurtled past the Earth on Friday in something of a cosmic near-miss, making its closest approach at about 1600 GMT.