* Iran says united and 'ready for war' with Israel Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi on Thursday responded to reports claiming Israel is planning a military attack against his country.
* Islamic Jihad: We don't expect truce with Israel to hold Gaza terrorist group says it has 8,000 operatives ready for war.
* 'We'll change face of the Mideast if settlements continue' The Palestinian Authority continued on Thursday to issue threats in response to Israel's decision to expedite construction in settlements.
* Israel test-fires missile as Iran debate rages The noon launch near Tel Aviv, which had not been announced in advance, coincided with a week-long surge of speculation in local media.
* Israeli settlements condemned by Western powers The US has joined criticism of Israel's decision to accelerate settlement building in the West Bank and East Jerusalem after Palestinians joined UN cultural agency.
* IDF holds drill simulating rocket attack on central Israel Sirens sounded throughout central Israel on Thursday as part of a Home Front Command drill simulating a rocket attack on civilian infrastructure.
* EU tells Greece: Choose the euro or go Europe delivered a stark ultimatum to Greece on Wednesday night (3 November), demanding that the country’s planned referendum ask plainly whether the country’s citizens wish to stay in the euro or to get out.
* Mulism pilgrims gather in Saudi Arabia for hajj Saudi authorities say nearly 2.5 million Muslims have gathered in this holy city ahead of the annual five-day hajj pilgrimage.
* Israel halts $2 million payments to UNESCO Israel halted its $2 million annual payment to UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
* Ban Reversal: Tells PA Not to Seek UN Membership In a surprising reversal, U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said Thursday that the Palestinian Authority should not pursue its plan to be recognized as a member state of the United Nations.