* Conference Emphasizes Yearning for the Holy Temple The Holy Temple Conferences, held in Jerusalem on Sunday, worked towards achieving Jewish presence on the Temple Mount.
* Iran to finish off Kurd rebels in days Tehran's forces will finish off armed Kurdish rebels who are based in Iraq in the "coming days", a top commander said Monday, while the separatist group claimed it was now located in Iranian territory.
* Netanyahu invites Abbas to open peace talks in New York Israeli officials say Israel will not give up on Palestinian recognition of the Jewish state; Quartet envoys set to meet for second time in two days to formulate plan to restart peace process.
* Abbas presses Palestinian U.N. bid despite warnings President Mahmoud Abbas told the United Nations' top official on Monday he would seek full U.N. membership for a Palestinian state, a move the United States and Israel warn could lead to disaster and shatter chances for resuming peace negotiations.
* Turkey Predicts Alliance With Egypt as Regional Anchors A newly assertive Turkey offered on Sunday a vision of a starkly realigned Middle East, where the country’s former allies in Syria and Israel fall into deeper isolation, and a burgeoning alliance with Egypt underpins a new order in a region roiled by revolt and revolution.
* French FM: Status quo between Israel and Palestinians risks explosion of violence In remarks before the Council on Foreign Relations in New York, Alain Juppe also says scheduled to meet Palestinian President Abbas later on Monday.
* Yemen unrest: Death toll from Sanaa clashes tops 50 Security forces in Yemen have killed more than 50 people in two days of violence against anti-government protesters, activists say, in the country's bloodiest clashes for months.
* In Arab world, support for UN gambit close to unanimous Poll shows 8 of 10 Palestinians support unilateral statehood declaration
* Libya war: Anti-Gaddafi troops take key Sabha positions Anti-Gaddafi forces have captured two key positions close to the southern city of Sabha, says a spokesman for Libya's transitional authorities.
* The Famous State of Palestine What would Arab state number 23 / Muslim state number 58 be like? Have a good look.