* The Turkey-Iran Pact A hot war has been raging in northern Iraq since mid-July.
* Obama to meet with Turkey's Erdogan, Netanyahu in NY US President Barack Obama will meet with Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan during the United Nations General Assembly in New York next week.
* Palestinians Set Bid for U.N. Seat, Clashing With U.S. The Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, announced Friday that he would seek membership for a state of Palestine from the United Nations Security Council next week.
* Israel ups West Bank forces before Palestinian UN bid Israel has boosted its army presence in the West Bank ahead of a Palestinian recourse to the UN.
* Hamas Against PA Statehood Bid: It's a Step Towards Negotiations The Hamas terror group, which rules the Gaza Strip, was quick to condemn on Friday the speech by PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas .
* Huge Defunct Satellite Falling to Earth Faster Than Expected, NASA Says NASA space junk experts have refined the forecast for the anticipated death plunge of a giant satellite.
* Mideast Quartet envoys to meet in New York Envoys from the quartet of Middle East negotiators will meet on Sunday in a last-ditch push to relaunch Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.
* Syrian opposition meet in Damascus to support protests More than 200 Syrian opposition figures have met near Damascus in an effort to unite anti-government groups.
* Libyans divided between reconciliation and revenge - A cheering crowd welcomed Mustafa Abdel Jaleel, chief of the Libya’s ruling National Transitional Council (NTC).
* Geithner warns EU against infighting over Greece US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has warned European leaders to stop the "loose talk" about divisions over how to solve the eurozone debt crisis.