* Zvi Bar'el / Syria uprising may lead to regional war Thousands of Egyptians have already signed a petition circulating on Facebook that calls for the expulsion of the Syrian ambassador from their country.
* Egyptian Army Starts Major Operation Against Al-Qaeda The Egyptian army deployed thousands of troops to the Sinai peninsula on Friday.
* Iran to bankroll military base in Syria Western intelligence agencies believe that Iran will provide funding for "a multi-million-dollar military base" in Syria.
* Barghouti: U.S. Veto on Statehood Bid Would Cause Mass Protests Arch-terrorist Marwan Barghouti warned on Thursday that a United States veto of an attempt by the Palestinian Authority to get United Nations recognition for a unilaterally-declared state will not only cause disturbances in the PA.
* New housing projects planned for east Jerusalem Interior Minister Eli Yishai authorized the construction of thousands of new housing units in Jerusalem.
* US military loses contact with hypersonic aircraft US military scientists lost contact with an unmanned hypersonic experimental aircraft on its second test flight.
* Electronic skin tattoo has medical, gaming, spy uses A hair-thin electronic patch that adheres to the skin like a temporary tattoo could transform medical sensing, computer gaming and even spy operations.
* How computers will soon get under our skin It may soon be possible to wear your computer or mobile phone under your sleeve.
* How much are Twitter and BlackBerry to blame for British riots? Days of rioting across England have sharpened criticism of social media tools like BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, and Twitter, which are helping criminals organize looting gangs.
* Arab World: Power politics An opinion piece in the Saudi-sponsored regional newspaper Asharq al-Awsat this week was predictably fulsome in its praise for Riyadh’s decision to remove its ambassador from Syria.