* Palestinians plan for calm protests Palestinian leaders have drawn up a plan to keep their rallies in September peaceful.
* Netanyahu: 'Direct Talks Only Way to Peace with PA' Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told a delegation of 26 U.S. lawmakers Wednesday that direct talks are the only way to reach peace with the Palestinian Authority.
* Israel: We never agreed to discuss nukes Israel and Arab nations have tentatively accepted an invitation by the UN nuclear agency to discuss a Middle East free of atomic arms.
* US military to launch fastest-ever plane By the time you finish reading this sentence, the Falcon HTV-2, the fastest plane ever built, could have flown 18 miles.
* Germany to propose unelected 'stability council' for EU Germany has proposed the creation of a new EU 'overseer' that would crack the whip and impose sanctions on countries that do not adhere to rigid budget discipline and pro-business labour policies.
* China Flexes Naval Muscle China sent its first aircraft carrier to sea, a defining moment in its effort to become a top-tier naval power that seeks to challenge U.S. military supremacy in Asia.
* Jewish 'guardians' keep London streets safe The Shomrim ("guardians"), a volunteer-based Jewish organization, has been keeping London's Jewish neighborhoods safe in cooperation with the Scotland Yard for years.