* US invites PA leaders to Washington in bid to avoid UN plan The US Administration has invited PA officials to Washington for talks on ways of avoiding the statehood bid.
* IAF Generals 'Loudly' Demanding Strike on Iran The commanders of the IDF, especially those in the Air Force, are making "increasingly loud" demands to strike Iran's nuclear program.
* Gaza Terrorists In Large Scale Training Terrorists are using the period of relative quiet on the Gaza-Israel border for large scale training exercises.
* Global stock markets slump on eurozone debt fears New York's Dow Jones index was trading more than 3% down, while Frankfurt's Dax and London's FTSE 100 indexes closed almost 3.5% lower.
* Syrian siege of Hama raises humanitarian concerns Gunmen in plainclothes are randomly shooting people in the streets of the besieged Syrian city of Hama.
* Knesset Approves 'Anti-Terror Law' The Knesset approved in the first reading Wednesday a government-sponsored law that would organize and reframe the legal means for fighting terrorist organizations.
* UN Condemns Syria as Violence Rages On The UN Security Council condemned on Wednesday the Syrian government for its deadly crackdown on anti-regime protesters.
* Barroso raises alarm about severity of euro crisis European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has indicated that bond market developments on Italy and Spain threaten the very survival of the euro.
* With Syria in tailspin, Lebanon said under control of Iran, Hizbullah The Lebanese government, amid the decline of its Syrian mentor, has lost control over much of the country.
* How Communist China deploys its massive population as a strategic asset But today a correction is clearly needed to this formula.