* Hamas MP: Jews Ingathered for Us to Annihilate Them Yunis al Astal, a member of the Palestinian Authority parliament, spelled out his organization's vision for the genocidal annihilation of the Jewish people.
* The Hot-Money Cowboys of Baghdad "My friend, Iraq is a rich, virgin country!" one of its richest men, Namir al-Akabi, told me with a startling enthusiasm.
* NATO rethinking strategy as Gadhafi survives, oil prices soar NATO is seeking options on how to end its no-fly zone mission over Libya.
* Netanyahu: Abbas is Distorting History Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu criticized Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Tuesday.
* Obama calls Israeli and Palestinian peace talks 'vital' US President Barack Obama has said it is "more vital than ever" for Israelis and Palestinians to restart negotiations on a peace deal.
* Knesset commemorates 66th anniversary of Nazi defeat The Knesset commemorated the 66th anniversary of Nazi Germany's defeat in a special Knesset Plenum sitting on Wednesday.
* Russia's Medvedev promises election decision 'soon' Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has promised journalists he will reveal whether or not he will stand for re-election in 2012 "soon".
* Syria Christians fear for religious freedom Syria's minority Christians are watching the protests sweeping their country with trepidation, fearing their religious freedom could be threatened.
* Turkey takes permissive stance on new Gaza flotilla Turkey has warned pro-Palestinian Turkish activists of the risks of trying to break an Israeli naval blockade of Gaza.
* EU 'not marginal' on world stage, Ashton says EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton on Tuesday (17 May) said the bloc's response to events unfolding in the southern neighbourhood is not at all "a marginal activity".