* Turkey policy paper: Israel's actions threaten Mideast Ankara's National Security Council names Israel as central threat to Turkey's security for first time since 1949, fails to mention Iran, Syria.
* US election won't impact Israel peacemaking Critics of Obama inside Netanyahu's inner circle discount view that likely reversals in next week's US midterms will benefit PMO's position.
* Ayalon: PA request to UN to declare state is idle threat Deputy foreign minister says Abbas' request to UN is bluff aimed at pressuring Israel, says this shows no real intention to resolve conflict.
* Gazan crowd chants 'Death to America,' 'Death to Israel' Tens of thousands of Palestinians rally at event staged by terror group Islamic Jihad with Hamas support to voice opposition to peace talks.
* UK cargo plane device was bomb - British Government UK Home Secretary Theresa May has confirmed that a device found in a package sent from Yemen and found on a US-bound cargo plane could have exploded on board the jet.
* China reassures US on key 'rare earth' minerals China has reassured the US it has no intention of withholding "rare earth" minerals from the market, the US Secretary of State has said.
* Israel slams 'absurd' UNESCO decision on Jerusalem, West Bank holy sites UNESCO board adopted last week five proposals initiated by Arab member states regarding sites which are considered holy to both Jews and Muslims.
* Petraeus: Progress being made in Afghanistan The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, Gen. David Petraeus, told CNN Saturday the Taliban's momentum in Afghanistan has "broadly been arrested" in some locations.
* UPDATE 2-EU sets sights on treaty change, new safety net The European Union on Friday set in motion plans to amend the EU's main treaty to create a permanent system to fight financial crises, and said a summit deal on new budget rules would strengthen the euro.
* Hamas official: Those firing rockets at Israel are rebels During interview with 'Al-Hayat' Mahmoud Zahar claims group agreed to truce with Israel, says this kind of rebellion could lead to anarchy.