* Netanyahu Seeks Military Force on Any Palestinian State's Eastern Border Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said a peace agreement with the Palestinians must allow for a "long-term Israeli presence on the eastern side" of an independent state.
* Ashkenazi: Army preparing for talks' failure The army is preparing for the possibility of increased violence in case Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations collapse.
* Peres: Ahmadinejad 'a living declaration against the UN' After adressing the UN General Assembly, President Shimon Peres met with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon and PA President Mahmoud Abbas on Monday.
* PA Youth Reject PA State as Final Solution The latest Palestinian Authority public opinion poll shows that the population’s 18-year-olds largely reject any solution whatsoever to the so-called “Palestinian problem”.
* Attempt Made to Reconcile Palestinian Factions The Arab daily al-Hayat has reported that Egyptian intelligence chief Omar Suleiman met with Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal in Saudi Arabia this month.
* Turkey spurns sanctions, plans major investments in Iran Turkey, defying the U.S. sanctions campaign, plans to triple its trade with neighboring Iran.
* North Korea sets date for rare leadership conference The Workers Party is widely expected to promote Mr Kim's third son, Kim Jong-un, to a senior position.
* Barak on Iran: Military option still on table After US President Barack Obama said he did not think military action byIsrael or the United States was the "ideal way" to solve the nuclear crisis with Iran.
* Iron Dome defense system could be deployed first in North, IDF chief hints Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi hinted Tuesday that the army might choose to deploy its first batch of Iron Dome defense systems along the northern border.
* Army chief: More flotilla casualties possible More deadly clashes to follow? Resistance on board future Gaza-bound flotillas may lead to more casualties.