* Netanyahu: Arabs Must Accept Jewish State "Last year was one of the safest years in two decades," Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told Israelis in a message for the Jewish New Year.
* Abbas: No 'historic compromise' on Jerusalem, borders In 'Al-Quds' interview, PA president says Palestinians won't recognize Israel as Jewish state, accuses PM of trying to "strip" Israeli-Arabs' rights.
* Petraeus: Koran burning plan will endanger US troops The top US commander in Afghanistan has warned that troops' lives will be in danger if an American church sticks to its plan to burn copies of the Koran.
* Political deadlock damaging Iraq security - minister Six months after Iraq's parliamentary elections, a government minister has warned that the political deadlock is damaging the security situation.
* Jewish Birth Rate in Israel at Record High A Hebrew University demography professor has announced there were more Jewish births in the past year in Israel than any other time in the history of the State.
* Jewish Towns Under PA Rule? Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has been talking of "creative solutions" lately.
* Egypt seizes anti-aircraft weapons bound for Gaza Egyptian troops on Tuesday seized nine weapons consignments bound for the Gaza Strip that included anti-aircraft weapons.
* EU has survived economic crisis, Barroso says in first State of Union address European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso in a major speech on Tuesday morning said the EU has survived the economic crisis.
* Russian FM tells Iran to cooperate with IAEA Lavrov calls for clarity on Teheran's nuclear program, asks Islamic Regime to behave transparently for the sake of all concerned, including Iran.
* Indian Prime Minister Warns of More Assertive China China has dismissed fears expressed by India's prime minister that Beijing is intent on establishing a foothold in South Asia.