* Turkey Accused of Using Chemical Weapons against PKK It would be difficult to exceed the horror shown in the photos, which feature burned, maimed and scorched body parts.
* Al-Qaeda Plots Against Saudi Monarchs, Israel Al-Qaeda leaders in Yemen have called to topple Saudi rulers and murder Christians living in Saudi Arabia.
* Powers drawing up framework for Mideast talks Major powers are working on a statement to set the basis for direct peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians.
* Palestinian Authority ready for peace talks, Ashton says The Palestinian Authority is ready for direct talks with Israel, with Ramallah likely to give a definitive go-ahead perhaps as early as Sunday.
* Israel aims to be space superpower Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is set to approve an ambitious plan to turn Israel into a satellite superpower.
* China PLA warns U.S. over fresh military drill in region China's People Liberation Army demanded a tough response to U.S. plans to send an aircraft carrier to naval exercises near its coast.
* Russia to begin loading fuel into Iran's nuclear reactor in 8 days Russia will begin to load fuel into the reactor at Iran's Bushehr nuclear power station on August 21.
* Brussels warns EU states to stick to austerity, despite return to growth The European Commission has told EU member states to stick to their austerity programmes on Friday.
* Lebanon TV stations scrap controversial Jesus show Two Shiite Muslim television stations in Lebanon canceled a controversial program about Jesus on Friday.
* Repercussions of an Israeli attack on Iran If Israel is likely to decide to attack Iran next summer, as argued in an Atlantic Monthly story by Jeffrey Goldberg out this week, the big question is, what happens in the aftermath?