* 'Iran to give Hizbullah weapons' Turkey and Iran are rumored to be helping Hizbullah obtain new weapons, Italian daily Corriere Della Sera reported.
* Iraqi general says planned US troop pull-out 'too soon' Lt Gen Babaker Zebari warned that the Iraqi military might not be ready to take control for another decade.
* IDF ups training in Golan Heights More military units are training in the live-fire zones across the Golan Heights.
* Assad, Iranian FM discuss 'Zionist threats' Damascus and Tehran continue to tighten ties. Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki met with Syrian President Bashar Assad in Damascus on Wednesday.
* Abbas, Abdullah, Mubarak meet in Cairo Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas met Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo Thursday.
* 'Reform Jews have their claws in Zion' Sephardi Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar on Thursday expressed concern that Reform Jews are taking over Israel.
* US to sell Kuwait Patriot anti-ballistic missile system The Defense Security Co-operation Agency told Congress in a notice that Kuwait was seeking as many as 209 of the MIM-104E Patriot Guidance Enhanced Missile-T (GEM-T) interceptors.
* This week in history In search of freedom to worship and equal opportunities, Jacob Barsimson set sail from Holland to American on July 8, 1654, to become the first Jew to set foot in New York.
* EU tax and the ultimate surrender of Britain's sovereignty For decades the EU has been dreaming of the ultimate power grab over all our lives - and a story in yesterday's Daily Mail gave a very strong hint that Brussels is now planning to pull it off.
* Russian missile diplomacy surprises EU Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov neglected to mention to his EU counterpart Catherine Ashton on the phone on Wednesday (11 August) that Moscow was about to make a major security announcement on Georgia.