* Netanyahu: Time for direct talks with Palestinians Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Thursday it's time to move to direct talks with the Palestinians.
* Obama doctrine to make clear no war on Islam, aide says President Barack Obama's new national security strategy will make clear the United States is not at war with Islam.
* PM to get warm welcome from Obama Next week's meeting in Washington between Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and US President Barack Obama will be "hugs and kisses".
* European Council seen as winner under Lisbon Treaty Not quite six months in place, the EU's Lisbon Treaty has already led to a significant shift in the Brussels power landscape.
* North Korea to Suspend Naval Hot Line With South North Korea said on Thursday that it was cutting off a naval hot line used to prevent clashes on its disputed sea border with South Korea.
* Hizbullah's Preferred Spies: Arab Citizens of Israel Hizbullah is increasing its efforts to recruit Arab citizens of Israel as spies.
* See-sawing euro highlights Chinese influence The vagaries of modern-day currency trading and the huge influence of Chinese policy decisions were on full display on Thursday.
* 'PA boycott is a declaration of war' The Palestinian Authority has "declared war" on the Israeli economy by boycotting settlement goods.
* Boats Head to Gaza, in Defiance of Israeli Blockade Israel was preparing for a showdown on Thursday as a flotilla of up to nine vessels carrying hundreds of pro-Palestinian activists and thousands of tons of supplies headed for Gaza.
* Moscow's opportunism in the Middle East After a deliberately much-trumpeted visit by its president to Syria last week, Russia has been heralded, for the umpteenth time in recent years.