* 'Recon for attack a warning to Iran' Reports that the Pentagon has okayed reconnaissance missions over Iran were seen in Jerusalem on Tuesday as the first public signs of practical preparations for a possible US military operation against Iran.
* Rahm Emanuel invites Netanyahu to discuss shared 'security interests' with Obama White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel on Wednesday invited Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to Washington.
* Excitement on Temple Mount as Rabbi Prostrates Himself A large group of hareidi-religious Jews ascended the Temple Mount Tuesday and received friendly service from the police there.
* Begin: PM won't extend freeze There is "no way" Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu will extend the 10-month settlement construction moratorium beyond its September 26 expiration.
* 'We're not ready for chemical attack' Israel is not sufficiently prepared for a chemical missile attack, a top IDF Home Front Command officer warned on Tuesday.
* Van Rompuy wants clearer 'hierarchy' to deal with future crises European Council President Herman Van Rompuy has said he is looking to establish a clearer "hierarchy" among the EU institutions and member states.
* 'We will destroy Israel-bound ships' If Israel imposes a sea blockade on Lebanon in a future war between them, Hizbullah would attack Israeli ships in the Mediterranean.
* US demands world response over Korea warship sinking US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says the international community must respond in the growing crisis over the sinking of a South Korean warship.
* 'Palestinians are hijacked by Iran' Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas came out against Iran on Wednesday, calling his people "hijacked, at the hands of the Iranians."
* Battle for Kandahar, Heart of Afghanistan's Taliban Country Since arriving in Afghanistan one year ago, Gen. Stanley McChrystal and his staff have had their eye on one prize above all others: the southern province of Kandahar.