* Al-Qaeda seeks WMD, US unprepared The United States has not done enough to protect the country against the threat of weapons of mass destruction even as Al-Qaeda appears intent on staging a large-scale attack.
* PM to connect Iran nukes, Holocaust Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, who wrote in the guest book of the Warsaw Uprising Museum on Tuesday that "the people of Israel have learned their lesson," is expected to draw analogies between the Holocaust and Iran's nuclear ambitions.
* 'Holocaust education important to Israeli educators, pupils' The Holocaust is one of the most meaningful and unifying areas of study within the Israeli school system.
* Peres: Ahmadinejad preventing peace President Shimon Peres told his German counterpart, Horst Koehler, that Iran desires to take control of the Middle East and destabilize the other regimes in the region.
* Europe and Israel cement relations at Holocaust solemnities Sixty five years after Soviet troops liberated the German death camp in Auschwitz, Poland, European leaders will on Wednesday (27 January) pay tribute to Jewish suffering during the Holocaust.
* EU presidency reconsidering China arms embargo The Spanish EU presidency has indicated it is willing to reconsider the bloc's arms embargo with China.
* Hebrew: Why Netanyahu wants Israelis to send a 'misron,' not a text Tucked into a leafy corner of a campus of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the Academy of the Hebrew Language has the challenging job of trying to preserve and promote one of the world’s oldest living languages.
* Barak meets with Mubarak in Egypt Defense Minister Ehud Barak was at Sharm e-Sheikh on Wednesday for a meeting with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.
* Abbas associate: No peace talks before settlement freeze The Palestinian Authority has no intention to succumb to US and Israeli pressure and won't resume peace talks while construction in West Bank settlements continues.
* Global meeting on Yemen to begin in London The UK is hosting a high-level meeting intended to galvanise international support for Yemen.