* PM urges world to act against those who threaten Jewish state On the eve of International Holocaust Remembrance Day, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu urged the international community to fight anti-Semitism by warning that those who hate Jews and want to destroy Israel will eventually move on to the rest of the world, too.
* Assad, Gaddafi say Arab countries must unite against Israel Syrian president, Libyan leader meet ahead of Arab summit to discuss 'oppressing siege impose on the Gaza Strip and the Israeli obstacle to peace'
* EU must push for Mideast talks within 1 year Foreign minister of EU president Spain says he feels both Israelis, Palestinians want to negotiate but need encouragement
* Signs of Oil in the Negev A joint venture near the Negev city of Arad has produced “preliminary indications” of an oil reserve, the drillers announced.
* Sea of Galilee Declared No-Fishing Zone for Two Years Minister of Agriculture Shalom Simchon has announced a ban on all fishing in the Sea of Galilee for two years.
* PA warns EU against legitimizing Hamas The Palestinian Authority over the weekend expressed concern over Hamas's growing attempts to gain recognition from the international community and warned EU representatives against engaging in dialogue with the extreme Islamist movement.
* Turkey Belongs In Europe - EU President Spain European Union president Spain feels that Turkey belongs in the 27-country bloc, Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos said.
* Iraqi capital Baghdad rocked by deadly triple blast At least 36 people have died in three large explosions apparently targeting hotels in the heart of Iraq's capital.
* Spain champions Turkish membership in EU 'family' The Spanish EU presidency has strongly advocated Turkey's entry into the union, but most Europeans would say No if asked in a referendum.
* Greek deficit 'endangers' euro, EU commission says Soaring public deficits in euro countries such as Greece weaken the credibility and "endanger" the cohesion of the common currency, according to a leaked European Commission paper.