* Khatami reportedly stabbed at rally In an apparent sign of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his ruling party flexing their muscles ahead of next week's UN General Assembly, the hard-line leader again denied the Holocaust.
* Nuclear conference criticizes Israeli nukes Overriding Western objections, a 150-nation nuclear conference on Friday passed a resolution directly criticizing Israel and its atomic program for the first time in 18 years.
* 'No agreement' in Mid-East talks US envoy George Mitchell's latest round of shuttle diplomacy in the Middle East has ended without agreement.
* EU calls for halt to settlement activity The European Union on Friday urged Israel "to immediately end all settlement activities, including in East Jerusalem."
* Poles, Czechs: US missile defense shift a betrayal Poles and Czechs voiced deep concern Friday at President Barack Obama's decision to scrap a Bush-era missile defense shield planned for their countries.
* Parshat Rosh Hashana: Silence resounds This year, when the shofar will be sounded only on the second day of Rosh Hashana, a mystical silence prevails in the synagogue on the first day, Shabbat.
* IAF chief: We must stop S-300 delivery Israel needs to make every effort to stop the S-300 missile defense system from reaching countries where the air force may need to fly.
* Rally 'attack' on Iran opposition Iranian opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi has come under attack in Tehran during an annual rally in support of Palestinians.
* 'Missile plan cancellation may be good' There is no need to be alarmed by US President Barack Obama's decision to terminate the previous administration's plans to build a missile defense system in Eastern Europe.
* Sarkozy warns Czech president on EU treaty French President Nicolas Sarkozy has warned the Czech Republic that it will have to face "consequences" if it continues to delay final ratification of the Lisbon Treaty.