* Syria insists Israel does not want peace Turkey encouraged Syria on Wednesday to think of ways to revive the stalled peace talks with Israel.
* Analysis: Demise of U.S. shield may embolden Russia hawks Washington hopes that by backing away from an anti-missile system in east Europe, it will get Russian cooperation on everything.
* What happened to the US deadline on Iran? Earlier this month, it became clear that Iran was defying the US and its Western allies.
* China could undermine US military power in Pacific: Gates China's increasingly advanced weaponry could undermine US military power in the Pacific.
* 'The steps are not silent anymore' A street recently uncovered in the capital's City of David was, metaphorically, "the last seam of independent Jews in Jerusalem."
* 'Old friends' Cuba, China strengthen ties Why is the world's third-largest economy spending hundreds of millions of dollars in Cuba?
* China says will push space programme to catch up West China said Thursday its rapidly growing space programme was the crowning achievement of the nation's high-tech transformation.
* Venezuela says signs new $16 billion China oil deal President Hugo Chavez said on Wednesday Venezuela signed a $16 billion investment deal with China over three years to raise oil output by several hundred thousand barrels per day in the OPEC member's Orinoco belt.
* Russia's response to US missile defense shield shift President Barack Obama’s decision to shelve plans for a missile defense shield in Eastern Europe could be seen as a major concession to Moscow.