* Ahmadinejad Urges Prosecution of Political Rivals President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad lashed out at his chief political rivals on Friday.
* Hiding the truth about Husseini The publicly funded Multicultural Center's (Werkstatt der Kulturen) decision to remove educational panels of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Hajj Muhammad Amin al-Husseini, who was an ally of Adolf Hitler, from a planned exhibit, sparked outrage.
* Al Qaeda video calls on Muslims to support militants Al Qaeda's second-in-command called on Pakistanis to back Islamic militants in the country's tribal areas against what he called an ongoing assault by American "crusaders" and the Pakistani army.
* Ban Ki-moon: Palestinian unity crucial to Mideast peace talks It is "crucial" for Palestinians to show unity in order to proceed with negotiations with Israel.
* 5 arrested at Ramadan prayers in J'lem Some 90,000 Muslims worshipped at the Aksa Mosque on Jerusalem's Temple Mount on Friday as part of a Ramadan celebration that has been marred by violence in previous years.
* Parliament chief wants mid-September decision on Barroso The president of the European Parliament, Jerzy Buzek, has encouraged his fellow MEPs to make a quick decision on the re-appointment of European Commission head Jose Manuel Barroso.
* August deadliest month for US in Afghanistan An American service member died in a bomb blast in Afghanistan on Friday.
* Kosovo leadership confronts EU authorities The president and prime minister of Kosovo have walked out of talks with EU representatives in the first serious bilateral rift since Kosovo declared independence last year.
* Saudi Royal Survives Attack Claimed By Qaeda A senior member of Saudi Arabia's royal family who is in charge of the kingdom's anti-terrorism campaign has survived a suicide attack by an al Qaeda-linked group.
* US general: Impact of Iraq violence still unclear The U.S. Army's top general said Friday that it was too early to tell whether a recent spike in violence in Iraq that has killed hundreds will have an impact on the pace that Washington withdraws its troops from the country.