* PM: We've been building in Jerusalem for 3,000 years Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met Tuesday afternoon with UK Premier Gordon Brown. Netanyahu had to be ushered into the official Downing Street residence via the back door.
* Palestinian officials: 'Abbas willing to meet with Netanyahu' Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is open to a meeting with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu at the United Nations next month.
* Euro rises on German confidence The euro hit a two-and-a-half-month high against the pound after a survey showed confidence among German firms was growing.
* Hariri: Hizbullah will join next gov't Hizbullah will be part of the next Lebanese government "whether Israel likes it or not".
* EU to hold special summit on financial reform EU leaders are to gather on 17 September for an extra summit to decide Europe's position ahead of global talks on financial reform.
* Karzai widens lead over Abdullah in Afghan vote Afghanistan's election commission says President Hamid Karzai has expanded his lead over top challenger Abdullah Abdullah.
* Iraq summons Syrian diplomat in Baghdad over bombs Iraq's foreign ministry summoned a senior Syrian diplomat in Baghdad Wednesday amid a diplomatic row over Iraqi demands.
* PLO holds poll amid criticism The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) is facing claims it is no longer relevant as members of the legislative body.
* Karadzic: US helped Iran arm Muslims Radovan Karadzic is seeking evidence that the US turned a blind eye to weapon shipments from Iran to Muslim forces fighting in the Bosnian war.
* Israel and US discuss settlements Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has met US envoy George Mitchell as part of a renewed drive to reach a deal on Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank.