* Obama: 'Absolutely' no green light for Israel to attack Iran US President Barack Obama on Tuesday strongly denied that the United States had given Israel an approval to strike Iran's nuclear facilities.
* Obama urges shift in Russia ties US President Barack Obama has urged Russia to turn from the past, emphasising the common goals the US shares with its former Cold War rival.
* Jerusalem Municipality 'at war' with Islamic summer camps Jerusalem Municipality has declared war on Palestinian summer camps popular among residents living in the eastern part of the city, which are mostly financed by Hamas and Fatah.
* Was a recently uncovered quarry used to build the Second Temple? Israeli archaeologists have uncovered an ancient quarry where they believe King Herod extracted stones for the construction of the Jewish Temple 2,000 years ago.
* Pope calls for a UN 'with teeth' The Pope has called for reform of the United Nations and financial bodies, giving them the "real teeth" needed to tackle economic and social injustice.
* EU top diplomat to step down in autumn EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana has said he will not seek a new term in office but will step down when the post expires in autumn after 10 years of representing the bloc abroad.
* EU scrambles for information on China violence The EU has for the past 48 hours kept mostly silent on the ethnic clashes in China, as diplomats struggle to pin down the facts.
* Global piracy: the hidden side While Somali pirates top headlines with brazen ship hijackings for ransom, many smaller-scale attacks in the world's oceans — maritime muggings, essentially — go unreported.
* 'Europe missile defense only for Iran' "If the threat from Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile program is eliminated, the driving force for missile defense in Europe will be eliminated".
* Secular Pilot Sings Settlers' Praises Lt.-Col. (res.) Danny Baz, a secular Israel Air Force pilot from Herzliya, says the Jewish pioneers of Judea and Samaria are Israel’s strategic weapon.