* PM: Today marks fulfillment of our dream Independence Day celebrations commenced on Tuesday night with the annual torch lighting ceremony at Mount Herzl.
* The State of Israel-fact file The State of Israel was formed on May 15 1948 as a Jewish state and a democratic republic.
* US General: Fatah Soldiers are 'Founders of Palestinian State' Palestinian Authority special forces were praised by an American general this week for becoming the founders of a new Arab country within Israel's current borders.
* US reports first swine flu death A 23-month-old child in Texas is the first person known to have died of swine flu outside Mexico, where it may have killed as many as 159 people.
* Judea/Samaria Marks Milestone, Too As Israel celebrates 61 years of independence, the Jewish towns of Judea and Samaria commemorate 30 years of Regional Councils.
* Russia mulls rocket power 'first' Russia's next-generation manned space vehicle might be equipped with thrusters to perform a precision landing on its return to Earth.
* Obama's first 100 days 'blank' on Eastern Europe As US President Barack Obama marks his 100th day in office on Wednesday, several blanks in his policies towards eastern Europe and Russia still need to be filled.
* Muslims are cool to pope's Holy Land pilgrimage A banner across the main square in Jesus' boyhood town condemns those who insult Islam's Prophet Muhammad.
* Pakistan army 'retakes key town' The Pakistan army says it has taken control of a key town in Buner district in the north-west, a day after starting an offensive against the Taleban.
* Egypt orders slaughter of all pigs over swine flu Egypt began slaughtering the roughly 300,000 pigs in the country Wednesday as a precautionary measure against the spread of swine flu.