* Pakistani leader: Bin Laden 'may be dead' Pakistan's president said his intelligence agencies believe Osama bin Laden may be dead, but he added there is no proof.
* Israel to celebrate 61st birthday with concerts, military shows Independence Day celebrations will kick off Tuesday night with singing and acting performances on dozens of outdoor stages throughout the country after the central ceremony at Mount Herzl in Jerusalem.
* 'Nation embracing bereaved families' Sirens wailed across Israel for two minutes at 11 a.m. Tuesday morning, as Remembrance Day ceremonies opened throughout the country.
* Cosmic blast sets distance mark The cataclysmic explosion of a giant star early in the history of the Universe is the most distant single object ever detected by telescopes.
* Barak: Iran is a threat to entire world While stressing that Israel was not in existential danger, Defense Minister Ehud Barak noted on Monday that Iran was a central threat not only to the Jewish state, but to the entire world.
* Jihadists Sharing Maps of Strategic Facilities Worldwide Jihadist websites recently carried a series of maps displaying strategic, military and nuclear facilities in many countries around the world.
* Turkish army unhappy over drill with Syria Turkey's joint military drill with Syria has not only disturbed Jerusalem, it has also riled the Turkish military.
* Pakistan Battles Taliban in Northwest Pakistan's military says attack helicopters and fighter jets are pounding Taliban militants in the northwest.
* More countries confirm swine flu New cases of the deadly swine flu virus have been confirmed as far afield as New Zealand and Israel, as the UN warns it cannot be contained.
* Turkey set to boost trade with Iran A protocol was signed on Monday on the sidelines of the Turkish-Iranian Business Forum currently being held in the Turkish capital Ankara.