* 'Israel puts Iran ahead of Palestinians' Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's government will hold off any discussion of the issues at the core of peace talks with the Palestinians.
* Israel: Iran trying to do 'what Adolf Hitler did to Jewish people' The Israeli government used the potent, emotionally-charged platform of Auschwitz concentration camp today to rebut President Ahmadinejad’s latest tirade against the Jewish state.
* Atlantic Monthly: Does Palestinian Authority Really Want State? An editorial in the latest issue of the prestigious Atlantic Monthly posits that the Palestinian Authority may never have a state because it does not want one.
* Barak calls for 'regional solution' Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Wednesday reiterated his support for a two-state solution.
* Taliban claims victory near Islamabad Taliban militants who implemented Islamic law in Pakistan's violence-plagued Swat Valley last week have now taken control of a neighboring district.
* Pope's visit to focus on peace, ecumenical dialogue Pope Benedict XVI will visit Israel, the West Bank and Jordan next month not only as a pilgrim to the Holy Land but also to promote interfaith relations.
* Poll: More than 75% of Jewish Israelis want to join EU More than 75 percent of Israeli Jews would like Israel to join the European Union, a recent survey found.
* Israelis 'followed law in Gaza' The Israeli military says an internal investigation has shown that it operated according to international law during its recent operation in Gaza.
* Killer robots and a revolution in warfare:Bernd Debusmann They have no fear, they never tire, they are not upset when the soldier next to them gets blown to pieces.
* Palestinian President to Meet Obama in May Palestinian officials said President Mahmoud Abbas will meet with U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington on May 28.