* Israel marks Holocaust Remembrance Day Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaking at the opening ceremony for Holocaust Remembrance Day.
* Mashaal to address British parliament Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal is set to address a meeting of MPs and peers in the British parliament via a videoconference from Damascus on Wednesday.
* 'The new Hitler speaks Persian' Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin sent a message to heads of parliament around the world Tuesday in which he compared Iranian President Mahhoud Ahmadinejad to Adolf Hitler.
* Feiglin: If I were PM, I'd rebuild the Temple Moshe Feiglin, head of Manhigut Yehudit (Jewish Leadership Movement) said last week that if he was elected prime minister, he would try to rebuild the destroyed Temple in Jerusalem.
* EU states walk out during Ahmadinejad speech European diplomats on Monday (20 April) walked out of the UN's anti-racism conference in Geneva after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Israeli government is "racist."
* Israel eyes US missile defense system Defense Minister Ehud Barak hopes to buy a US missile defense system to protect Israeli towns from short-range rockets and mortar fire.
* Meltdown losses of '$4 trillion' The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned that potential losses from the credit crunch could reach $4 trillion.
* No Kidding, One in Three Children Fear Earth Apocalypse There's a new bogeyman lurking in the closet, and this one isn't imaginary. Us..
* Russia invites Europe to join new energy charter Russia has floated plans for a new global treaty on trade in fossil and nuclear fuel in an attempt to consign to history an earlier pact.
* Obama urges Palestinians and Israel: Step back from the abyss U.S. President Barack Obama on Tuesday urged Palestinians and Israelis to "step back from the abyss."