* Obama on unannounced Iraq visit US President Barack Obama has arrived in Iraq on an unannounced visit.
* Obama's Turkey address draws praise across Middle East Syria's foreign minister praised President Barack Obama's address to the Arab and Islamic world in Turkey, and many Arabs were cheered by the American leader's promises to push for a Palestinian state.
* Mubarak invites Netanyahu for talks Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has invited Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu for a meeting in Sharm e-Sheikh in the near future.
* Death toll rises in Italy quake At least 207 people have been killed by Monday's earthquake in central Italy, with 100 residents critically injured.
* The G20 moves the world a step closer to a global currency A single clause in Point 19 of the communiqué issued by the G20 leaders amounts to revolution in the global financial order.
* Most Israelis say economy top priority For a clear majority of the Israeli public, the economic crisis is the most important issue facing the new government according to the March 2009 Peace Index poll.
* Piracy 'surge' off Somali coast Pirates off the coast of Somalia have gone on the offensive, seizing five ships in 48 hours despite the presence of an international naval task force patrolling the Gulf of Aden.
* Israel successfully tests Arrow 2 The Arrow 2 ballistic missile defense system was successfully tested in southern Israel Tuesday morning, when it destroyed a missile simulating an Iranian Shihab 3.
* Obama Speaks to Muslims From Turkey For the past two days, eyes and ears in the Middle East have been fixed on U.S. President Barack Obama's visit to Turkey .
* PA steps up measures against Hamas The Palestinian Authority security forces have stepped up their measures against Hamas in the West Bank in the aftermath of the collapse of the "reconciliation" talks between the Islamic movement and Fatah.