* Rice: I'll leave no stone unturned in pursuit of ME peace Though the clock is ticking on the Bush administration and Israel is in political turmoil, US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice pledged to push for a peace deal.
* G8 backs financial reform summit The leaders of the G8 major industrialised nations have agreed to hold a summit with other states to discuss global financial reform.
* 'AqsaTube' glorifies terrorism online Hamas has launched an Internet site called AqsaTube, a file-sharing resource enabling users to upload videos.
* Israeli biofuel project could spell end of Mideast oil power It will take dedicated visionaries to help stop America's addiction to foreign oil and diminish the huge market power wielded by Mideast oil producers.
* German official was at anti-Israel rally German Ambassador to Iran Herbert Honsowitz violated EU guidelines by allowing a military attaché to attend an anti-Israel military parade in Teheran late last month.
* Group of 12 to reflect on future of Europe EU leaders are on Thursday (16 October) set to approve a 12-member group headed by former Spanish Prime Minister Felipe Gonzalez.
* Syria to open embassy in Beirut after historic decree Syria and Lebanon are establishing diplomatic relations for the first time, putting ties between the neighbours on a more equal footing.* In response to Acre riots, PFLP threatens to kill Lieberman The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) on Tuesday threatened to kill Israel Beiteinu chairman Avigdor Lieberman.