* Supreme Moslem Council: Temple Mount is Jewish The widely-disseminated Arab Moslem position that the Temple Mount is not Jewish has been debunked.
* Iranian air force announces extensive drill Iran's chief of staff, General Atallah Salhi, announced Tuesday that the Iranian air force would be holding a comprehensive military drill during the month of Ramadan.
* Hamas Calls on Egypt to Send Army to Jerusalem Hamas has called on Egypt to send its army into Jerusalem "to liberate [the] Al-Aqsa Mosque.
* EU-Russia talks suspended until Moscow withdraws troops EU leaders on Monday (1 September) agreed to postpone talks on a new EU-Russia partnership until Russian troops withdraw from Georgia.
* Israel on Global High Alert for Kidnapping of Citizens Israel's Counter Terrorism Bureau, a section of the Prime Minister's Office, has issued an urgent warning to Israelis abroad to be vigilant against possible kidnappings.
* Russia plays down EU threats over Georgia Russian officials Tuesday criticized the European Union for threatening to postpone talks on a new political and economic partnership deal over the war in Georgia.
* Hamas leader Meshal 'leaves Syria for Sudan' Kuwaiti newspaper Al Rai reported Tuesday that Hamas political leader Khaled Meshal has left Damascus to live in Sudan at Syria's request.
* As Ramadan starts, Israel seeks to ease travel With the start of Ramadan's month of daytime fasts, the Civil Administration moved into high gear on Monday.
* Polish and US officials rebuke 'mistaken' Georgia and 'illegal' Russia Russia breached international law when attacking Georgia, therefore it must face consequences.* Ramadan, 1429 From Granada in Spain and Aubervilliers in France, to Cairo and Jakarta, more than a billion Muslims are this month marking the "handing down" of the Koran.