* Russians begin Georgia handover Russian troops have begun handing over control of the area around the town of Gori to Georgian security forces.
* Israel fears war could hurt Iran effort Russia's war with Georgia and the infuriated reaction in the West to what US President George W. Bush calls Moscow's "disproportionate response" could make it harder to enlist Russian help.
* Lebanon-Syria to demarcate border Lebanon and Syria have agreed to resume work on formally demarcating their common border as part of efforts to repair years of strained relations.
* Iran's Ahmadinejad meets Gul in Turkey Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad met with his Turkish counterpart Thursday in a demonstration of the improved ties between the Islamic Republic and the NATO ally.
* EU wants peacekeepers 'on the ground' in Georgia EU foreign ministers on Wednesday (13 August) agreed to send peacekeepers to help supervise the fragile Russia-Georgia ceasefire.
* Jordan bars Jews with religious items Jordanian border officials refused to allow a group of Israeli tourists carrying religious objects such as talitot and tefillin to enter their country.
* Terrorists Building 16-Mile Range Rockets During Ceasefire Gaza terrorists are building a 25-kilometer (16.8 mile) range rocket, dubbed Nasser-3.
* Hezbollah TV broadcasting to China, Australia via Indonesia satellite The U.S. government is concerned that a television channel backed by the Hezbollah militant group is using an Indonesian satellite.
* Future wars 'to be fought with mind drugs' Landmines releasing brain-altering chemicals, scanners reading soldiers' minds and devices boosting eyesight and hearing could all one figure in arsenals.* Jewish leaders meet with Hugo Chavez President Hugo Chavez met with Jewish leaders on Wednesday, pledging to work together against anti-Semitism.