* Russian convoy heads into Georgia, violating truce Russian troops and paramilitaries thrust deep into Georgia on Wednesday.
* PA: Reported peace offer unacceptable The Palestinian Authority said on Tuesday it would reject an Israeli peace proposal published in the Hebrew press a day earlier.
* Hizbullah lauded in Tehran; Kuntar gives speech via satellite Hundreds of Iranians arrived on Tuesday night at Palestine Square in central Tehran in order to celebrate the two-year anniversary of "Hizbullah's victory".
* Syria reportedly wary of IDF Golan drill "The Syrian leadership has undertaken emergency preventive and deterrent measures, fearing that Israel will turn the military exercise in the Golan Heights to an attack against Syria."
* EU diplomats keen to avoid Russia controversy The French EU presidency is expected to endorse the Russia-Georgia ceasefire.
* Saudi nuclear plan gets green light The Saudi Arabian cabinet has decided to approve the country's agreement with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
* Lebanese city rocked by bus bomb Security officials said a bomb went off close to a bus whose passengers included a number of off-duty soldiers.
* Islamic group condemns plan to expand Western Wall prayer site An Islamic group on Tuesday condemned a long-time Israeli proposal to enlarge the section of the Western Wall allotted for women's prayer.
* 'Slow' light to speed up the net A huge increase in the speed of the internet could be produced by slowing parts of it down.* Analysis: What Russia gained and lost in 'Little Victorious War' Five days after the four-year-long skirmishes between separatist South Ossetian forces and the Georgian military blew up into a full-scale war.