* Barak: U.S. to provide Israel with defense systems against Iran strike The United States will soon link Israel up to two advanced missile detection systems as a precaution against any future attack by a nuclear-armed Iran.
* PMO denies report on 'promises' to Syria The Prime Minister's Office denied a report on Army Radio Wednesday which claimed that Prime Minister Ehud Olmert promised Damascus that Israel would withdraw from the Golan Heights.
* Iran Leader Adamant on Nuclear Issue Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the country’s supreme leader, said on Wednesday that it would “continue with its path” of nuclear work.
* Business favours Blair as EU president European businesses would choose the UK's ex-leader, Tony Blair, as the new EU president, with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Luxembourg's prime minister.
* Chabad Temple seminar rankles Islamists A brief course offered by the Chabad Hassidim about the Temple endangers the Aksa Mosque.
* Hamas Warns of Revolt against PA Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri warned Tuesday that the Fatah crackdown on the rival Hamas terrorist party in Judea and Samaria could spark a revolt.
* Ahmadinejad vows allegiance to Syria Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad met on Tuesday evening with visiting Syrian Foreign Affairs Minister, Walid al-Muallem.
* EU 'heart-broken' over trade talks collapse Global trade talks have collapsed as divisions between the US and India over emergency protections for poor farmers proved insurmountable.
* Turkish court to rule on governing party's fate Turkey's democracy and European ambitions face a pivotal test this week.* Olmert to decide on his future 'very soon' Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has less than a month to decide whether to join the Kadima leadership race or become "a lame duck."