* Iran sends missile test warning Iran has test-fired nine missiles, including a new version of the Shahab-3, which is capable of reaching its main regional enemy Israel.
* European Military Capabilities With the end of the Cold War, Western European countries reduced the size of their military - then came September 11, 2001...
* National Security Cabinet to discuss Hizbullah armament Barak speaks to French FM, says 'Israel cannot accept continuing transfer of weaponry damaging delicate balance at northern border'; cabinet to meet Wednesday to discuss State's attempts to expand UN's decision 1701
* Turkey consulate attack "Terrorism," says U.S. envoy The shootout outside the U.S. consulate in Istanbul which left six people dead was an "obvious act of terrorism."
* Russia 'upset' by US shield plans President Dmitry Medvedev says Russia is extremely upset after the Czech Republic agreed to host part of a US missile shield.
* Large meteor crosses Israeli skies A large meteor crossed Israel's skies on Tuesday evening, and was seen by many residents, mainly in the center of the country.
* Emerging nations join G-8 in climate declaration The world's richest nations and emerging powers joined together to commit themselves to long-range cuts in global greenhouse gas emissions.
* Construction Plans for Jerusalem Approved The Regional Construction and Planning Board for Jerusalem has approved 910 housing units in Har Homa, and 900 in western Pisgat Ze'ev.
* Olmert, Assad to sit together at Med summit, handshake or not. Leaders from 40 countries are expected to attend the conference, an initiative of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, among them 10 from Arab countries, including Syria.
* Slovakia to extend euro area to central Europe Slovakia is the first central European country to have successfully finalised the evaluation procedures for joining the euro area in 2009.