* US intel chief here to consult on Iran The US Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell paid a rare visit to Israel Tuesday for talks with heads of the Israeli intelligence community.
* Bush to Olmert: Iran existential threat to peace President Bush is trying to reassure Israelis worried about the US commitment to keeping Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.
* Oil a factor in Saudi religious summit Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah launched a three-day Muslim conference Wednesday aimed at making peace within Islam.
* Zawahiri urges more Israel attacks Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda's second-in-command, has called on Palestinians to step up attacks on Israel.
* 'Whole state' behind Darfur crime The "whole state apparatus" of Sudan is implicated in crimes against humanity in Darfur.
* 'Iran, Turkey cooperate against Kurds' Turkey and Iran have been carrying out coordinated strikes against Kurdish rebels based in northern Iraq.
* Medvedev on first visit to West Russian President Dmitry Medvedev is starting a visit to Germany - his first trip to Europe since becoming Russian president last month.
* Arabs shocked by Obama speech Arab leaders have reacted with anger and disbelief to an intensely pro-Israeli speech delivered by Barack Obama.
* Water crisis to be biggest world risk A catastrophic water shortage could prove an even bigger threat to mankind this century than soaring food prices and the relentless exhaustion of energy reserves.* Belgian finance minister eyes eurogroup presidency Belgian finance minister Didier Reynders could succeed Luxembourg's premier Jean-Claude Juncker as the next president of the eurogroup.