* Bush begins tour of Middle East US President George W Bush has arrived in Israel to take part in celebrations for the country's 60th anniversary.
* Kissinger: Iran threat will not go away A nuclear armed Iran threatens not only the existence of Israel but the viability of the international community.
* China quake toll close to 15,000 Nearly 15,000 people died in the devastating earthquake that hit China's Sichuan province.
* Bush: Iran behind Lebanon instability US President George W. Bush, following a nearly two-hour meeting with Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, said it was clear that Iran was behind the current instability.
* Vatican astronomer cites possibility of extraterrestrial 'brothers' The Vatican's chief astronomer says there is no conflict between believing in God and in the possibility of extraterrestrial "brothers" perhaps more evolved than humans.
* 'Celebrations won't stop Israel's annihilation' Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Wednesday that Israel is dying and that its 60th anniversary celebrations are an attempt to prevent its "annihilation."
* PMW: Hatred of US a Pillar of PA Ideology The Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) watchdog group has released a report warning that hatred of the United States is a pillar of the Palestinian Authority’s ideology.
* Poll: Abbas' popularity has slipped dramatically since January The approval rating of the Palestinian government in the West Bank has dropped 13 percentage points since January.
* Brussels outlines plan for new Mediterranean club The European Commission has begun to look at the possible set-up for the planned Mediterranean union.* Secret UFO files released by UK government Britain's Ministry of Defense has released files on UFO sightings dating back to the 1970s, including witness accounts and the government's response. (See what Jimmy says about UFOs.)