* Syria: CIA fabricated 'reactor' pictures Syria's ambassador to the United States said Friday that the CIA fabricated pictures allegedly taken inside a secret Syrian nuclear reactor.
* Iran hardliners strengthen hold Iran's conservatives have consolidated their victory in the country's parliamentary elections, after taking more seats in a run-off.
* Analysis: Assad's PR peace promise Some would call it ironic that on the very day the US Congress was hearing damning testimony about Damascus's nuclear collusion with North Korea, Syrian President Bashar Assad confirmed Syrian press reports.
* Turkey PM in Syria on peace mission Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey's prime minister, is in Damascus to discuss the possible resumption of peace talks between Israel and Syria.
* Turks attack Kurds in Iraq Turkish warplanes and artillery units struck Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq.
* Abbas: I failed in U.S., no progress in peace talks Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Friday that he failed to achieve any progress in Middle East peace talks with U.S. President George W. Bush.
* US sharpens warnings on Iran Apr. 25 - The Pentagon sharpened its warnings about Iran, saying Tehran had boosted its support for Iraqi militias.
* Muslim Brotherhood allegedly helped Hamas develop drones Egyptian prosecutors are investigating a group of Muslim Brotherhood members alleged to have provided Hamas operatives with equipment and technology.
* Changing of the Guard General David Petraeus appears headed for promotion to lead the U.S. Central Command.* 'Muslims' hack into Bank of Israel site The Bank of Israel took down its Web site on Friday night after it was sabotaged by hackers, apparently from Algeria.