* Bush Urges NATO Enlargement, More Troops for Afghanistan President Bush is urging NATO to continue its eastward expansion and to provide more support for military operations in Afghanistan.
* Iraq Violence Halts British Drawdown Britain has postponed plans to sharply reduce its troop presence in Iraq because of recent fighting between Iraqi government troops and Shiite militias in Baghdad and Basra.
* In Gaza, Hamas’s Insults to Jews Complicate Peace In the Katib Wilayat mosque one recent Friday, the imam was discussing the wiliness of the Jew.
* Israel Must Engage -- Not Hamas Before getting into a serious discussion about engaging Hamas, several points of principle have to be clarified.
* Upper house of Poland's parliament votes 'yes' to EU's new treaty The upper house of Poland's parliament approved a bill Wednesday allowing the president to ratify the new European Union treaty.
* Bush asks NATO for more Afghanistan troops U.S. President George W. Bush urged NATO allies on Wednesday to send more troops to Afghanistan.
* 'Tensions High in Iraq' A wreckage of an Iraqi Humvee is seen destroyed after clashes between Iraqi security forces and the Mahdi Army in Basra.
* Crude mixed on higher inventories, stronger dollar Crude for May delivery was last seen up 12 cents to $101.1 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
* We have created human-animal embryos already, say British team Embryos containing human and animal material have been created in Britain for the first time.* Don't Push Hamas to the Table Rather than debate whether it's time to negotiate with Hamas, the real question is "negotiate over what?"