* Israel, U.S. to meet to discuss differing assessments on Iran Israeli and American officials involved in the intelligence analysis of Iran's nuclear efforts will meet soon.
* Fatah official detained in Gaza Hamas, the Palestinian militant group in control of the Gaza Strip, says it is holding a key adviser to Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad.
* Assad: Syria-Iran alliance unshakeable Syrian President Bashar Assad rejected claims that Syria's alliance with Iran had been weakened by Damascus' participation in last month's US-sponsored Mideast peace conference.
* Report: Hamas to escalate attacks on Israel Hamas has asked Iran to allow the organization to escalate its altercations with Israel.
* Al-Qaeda tape rejects Annapolis Al-Qaeda's deputy leader has purportedly said Arab leaders have betrayed the Palestinians by attending US-hosted Middle East talks last month.
* EU promises 'robust' action against Iran European diplomats here promised "robust" action from the European Union on Iran.
* EU offers Serbia deal on Kosovo European Union leaders have offered Serbia a fast-track route towards candidacy for EU membership.
* Vatican defends its 'right to spread its message' The Vatican, which has been accused of aggressively seeking souls in Russia and some other countries, said Friday it has every right to spread its message.
* Poll: Americans Have Overwhelming Support for Israel Americans' support for Israel in the conflict with the Arabs of Judea, Samaria and Gaza remains extremely high.* EU leaders to hail benefits of globalisation Now that the EU's six-year long institutional impasse has ended, the 27-nation bloc is turning its attention to the outside challenge of globalisation.