* Musharraf imposes emergency rule Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf has declared emergency rule and suspended the country's constitution.
* 'US okays IDF wide-scale Gaza op' The United States has given a "green light" to an IDF operation in the Gaza Strip.
* Iraq vows to arrest PKK rebels Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki says Baghdad is ready to pursue and arrest the Kurdish rebel leaders carrying out cross-border raids into Turkey from northern Iraq.
* Fayad wants deadline for talks, release of 2,000 prisoners The Palestinian Authority demands that Washington make an effort to achieve a document that would stand up to the Palestinian people's expectations.
* Al Qaeda threatens Libya attack Al Qaeda's No. 2 figure harshly criticized Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi in a new audio tape Saturday.
* Saudi King Keeps British Relations Well-Oiled Britain waved farewell to Saudi Arabia's monarch King Abdullah on Thursday, following a royal visit marked by much pomp.
* Abbas holds Friday prayers with Hamas leaders Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas held Friday prayers with Hamas officials in the West Bank.
* Syrian gov't secrecy left nuclear facility undefended by army The veil of secrecy in Damascus surrounding Syria's alleged nuclear facility left it vulnerable to aerial attack.
* Rice in Turkey for tough talks to avert cross-border strike US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice arrived in Turkey Friday, offering an "effective strategy" against Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq.* Russian election campaign opens Saturday marks the official start of campaigning in the Russian parliamentary election.