* IAF flyovers put Lebanon on high alert The Lebanese army has raised its level of alert over the past 24 hours due to abnormal IAF activity over its territory.
* US vows to support Turkey on PKK The US Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, has said Turkey and the United States share a common enemy in the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK).
* Abbas meets with three Hamas officials in West Bank Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas met with Hamas officials on Friday for the first time since the organization's violent takeover of the Gaza Strip.
* Majority of 'Eligible' MKs Sign Petition for Hevron As Jews worldwide prepare to read aloud in synagogues, this coming Sabbath, the Biblical account of Patriarch Abraham's purchase of land in Hevron, 54 MKs sign a petition in favor of Jews' right of purchase there.
* 'Hizbullah now stronger, Israel weaker' The leader of the Hizbullah Sheik Hassan Nasrallah said Thursday that his organization has grown stronger as Israel has weakened.
* 90 Years Since First Int'l Recognition of Zionism Friday, Nov. 2, marks the 90th anniversary of the issuance of Great Britain's policy paper known as the Balfour Declaration, which set the stage for the establishment of the State of Israel.
* US Air Force struck Syrian nuclear site The September 6 raid over Syria was carried out by the US Air Force.
* Brussels issues reform warning to Balkan states The countries of the Western Balkans can expect to join the EU only in "the medium to long term".
* Fatah policemen 'defect to al-Qaida' Scores of Fatah policemen who used to serve in the Palestinian Authority security forces in the Gaza Strip have now joined the al-Qaida-affiliated group calling itself the Army of Islam.* World powers discuss Iran sanctions in London Six world powers meet on Friday to discuss imposing a third round of sanctions on Iran because of its refusal to stop enriching uranium.