* Muslims Worldwide Celebrate Eid-al-Fitr Muslims around the world are ready to celebrate one of the most important holidays on the Islamic calendar, Eid-al Fitr, which marks the end of the fasting month of Ramadan.
* 'We'll back Abbas if Hamas included' The European Union would support Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas if he reconciled with Hamas, according to Christina Gallach, spokeswoman for EU Foreign Policy Chief Javier Solana.
* Rabbi Elyashiv Joins Battle For Jerusalem In the opening shot of the battle for Jerusalem, top rabbis of the Hareidi-religious and Jerusalemite communities have joined Rabbi Avraham Shapira's final statement against dividing Jerusalem.
* Gore and UN panel win Nobel prize Climate change campaigner Al Gore and the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have been jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
* Russia urges US missile 'freeze' Russia has called on the US to "freeze" plans to employ missile defence facilities in eastern Europe.
* Israel braces as US-Turkey crisis erupts Turkey recalled its ambassador to the US Thursday as already-strained relations frayed further following a congressional committee vote recognizing the Armenian genocide.
* Muslim scholars reach out to Pope More than 130 Muslim scholars have written to Pope Benedict XVI and other Christian leaders urging greater understanding between the two faiths.
* Solana warns Turkey against military incursion in Iraq EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana has warned Turkey that an offensive against Kurdish rebels in Iraq would further complicate the security situation of the conflict-ridden country.
* Cabinet to rethink mass conversion Cabinet ministers will vote next Sunday on a major change in policy toward mass-conversion aliya, The Jerusalem Post has learned.
* Pope appeals to South Korea to reject human cloning Pope Benedict XVI appealed Thursday to South Koreans' "inherent moral sensibility" to reject embryonic stem cell research and human cloning after the country decided to let embryonic stem cell research resume.